Dating henriot quimper plates
Dating henriot quimper plates - Chaturika pires sex
In the second half of the 19th century, HB & Porquier faienceries asked talented artists to collaborate in order to diversify their production ranges, a few of these reknown artists were Yan’ Dargent, Henry Guihénec, Théophile Deyrolle.In 1884, Jules Henriot inherited of his father’s factory, this small faïencerie employed no less than 21 workers around 1860.
Victor Lucas founded his own Faïencerie in 1946 named Keraluc faïencerie. Several talented artists joined him as Messieurs Pierre Tulhoat, René Quere, Jo Le Corre, Paul Yvain… The handsome coat-of-arms of Brittany itself, entirely focused on the ermine tail, the ancient symbol of Anne of Brittany (and seen as a part of many other symbols of various cities of Brittany). 1890, and signed HB and the famous “5”, so very sought-after. Contemporary Quimper a stylized, playful, fish shaped plate. In 1874, Alfred Beau also created a school of ceramic art dedicated to local women, a place where poor young women from Quimper could learn.Beau was very involved in depicting daily life in Brittany, folklore, history, habits and memories.Keep in mind that each piece was and is exclusively handpainted by one single painter.
Quimper faience is really about a quality craftsmanship in an industrial context, processes of tin-glazed earthenware are still used, applied on white Bisque or Biscuit before final firing.
Due to competition between faïenceries, HB registered trademark in 1882, inspired his main competitor; Mr Henriot who signed his creations HR since 1894 : H for Henriot and R for Riou (maiden name of his wife).
Henriot signed his pieces in a way that did cause too much confusion, but he finally signed with his name Henriot…and he did well! Faïencerie means H for Hubaudière and B for Bousquet. Several Faïenceries based in Quimper, not only HB – Henriot Faïenceries.
Since 1960s, His son Pol Lucas and sisters dedicated their lives to the faïencerie until 1984.
So, HB Henriot Faïencerie purchased Keraluc models, now, they own Keraluc trademark.
A bit later, Pierre Clement Caussy came from Rouen, brought with him the polychrome decoration highly fashionable in the 18th century.